Would you like to have your website hosted on a blazingly fast VPS without any of the hassle? What if we told you it costs just $3?
What You Get for $3:
- Web hosting for one domain and up to 10 subdomains
- SSH and SFTP access to your own account on the server
- 500MB of disk space
- Email and more via Google Apps
- Complimentary DNS hosting
- Your choice of software to back your site: Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP5, or just static files
What You Don't Get:
- Root access
- 24/7 support
- A control panel
- Instant provisioning: Everything is set up manually by us (including websites)
- Any sort of uptime guarantee (though our current uptime rating is 99.95%, according to Pingdom)
- A unique IP address
- To be unreasonable with what you do with it. If you blow up the server with billions of requests, we'll get kinda frustrated with you.
- To do anything even remotely illegal - if you do, we'll boot you off so fast you won't even know what hit you.
Server: The Zaccaro Server is a VPS powered by ChunkHost. It serves up several sites including the one you are reading, http://cartera.me/, and http://georgews.com/. It runs Ubuntu 10.04, and is backed up nightly to multiple locations. Software packages installed on the server include (but are not limited to): Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP5, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, and Nginx. All websites are served by Nginx, though if a dynamic site is being generated then Nginx acts only as a reverse-proxy. Access to any of the database systems running on the server is available to any customer that asks. The addition of new accounts, domains, and subdomains are all done by hand, and thus require some amount of waiting.
Payment: Payments are accepted via check if paying in advance for 6 months or more, and via PayPal if you are paying month-to-month. Other payment methods can be discussed.